01326 219304
07768 867868
Electrical and Handyman services in and around Falmouth and West Cornwall.

Electrical Services

What we do

  • Inspection & Testing (for mortgages, grants, insurance, landlords and/or peace of mind)
  • Security and garden lighting
  • Showers (complete installation)
  • Power supplies to gardens/outbuildings
  • Consumer unit (fuse board) upgrades
  • Rewires, repairs, fault finding
  • Lighting, down lighters, dimmers, sockets, switches, extractor fans
  • All work fully tested and certified
  • Qualified to carry out Periodic Inspections
  • Reports for mortgage lenders, insurance companies and letting agents

  • Domestic electrical callout charge, £25.
  • Electrical and handyman work, £20/hour.

What is Part P?

All electrical work carried out in the home in England and Wales should follow new rules set out in the Building Regulations (January 2005). Often referred to as Part P, these rules were introduced to safeguard the public, reducing deaths, injuries and fires.

Professional electricians are legally required to be registered with relevant bodies, i.e. NICEIC, ECA.

Most domestic electrical work is now covered by the Building Regulations, so the best person to use is an electrician who is registered with a government approved Competent Person scheme. This means that they are qualified to carry out the work according to the building regulations, eliminating building control charges. A certificate to confirm that the work complies to the new rules is issued on completion.

Any person carrying out electrical work in your home must comply to the new ruling, and issue a certificate. This ensures that the work is safe, and you have a record to prove it.